Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Over 3 Years Ago...

Over 3 years ago I posted last on this blog.  Business, apathy or something else I can't describe has kept me from putting my hands on the keyboard and stroking even a few lines.  So why now? 

I think the catalyst is twofold.  The first is the fall of the website Scott used to maintain (WWS, you know what the abbreviation means if you were there) and the fall of another game, alt-right dissident blog.  As I am wont to tell M these days from interactions with her friends, the war on Truth and Beauty (not coined by me) incurs more and more casualties.  This blog may even become one of those.

I attempted to purchase the WWS domain on namecheap, but someone beat me to it and now holds the domain for ransom.  I do not have the energy to attempt a negotiation, but on the unlikely chance that you are or know the owner, please consider allowing me to purchase the domain.  I would like to maintain it here and preserve, if possible, some of the works of Scott that I thought most important.

In my own life journey, since my last post I have moved 5 times, bought two houses, had one child (a daughter, Little T) and changed jobs twice.  Our relationship is just as strong, though deeper, and because I know you filthy animals won't ask but really want to know, intimacy is just as often and passionate as it has ever been.

My current job has me traveling varying distances.  I am only obliged to work about 2-3 days per week, but I electively work more on a regular basis.  I like the driving (often over 1 hour each way) as it gives me time to think and decompress after work.  The stories.  All the stories could write a book or two.  How we lived in roach motel while M was pregnant.  Our months of unemployement before.  Small town adventures afterwards.  The joy and challenges of living with her family in close quarters (a very positive experience we will repeat). 

I can't say if I'll write more.  It seems to me that I can get hot on a topic for a few weeks/months, then let it simmer on the back burrner for years before picking it up again.  I hope I do, though, because as a community I think it's fun to share our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment