Wednesday, June 19, 2019

In Memory of Scott and WWS

As I alluded in my previous post, one of the catalysts involved in my sudden appearance is the lapsing of a blog that shaped my in my formative youth, which I will refer to as WWS.  It's a rather caustic title that was and even more-so in today's day and age still true.  As I do like my job currently and the number of interests currently out to destroy people in the war against Truth and Beauty are many, I kindly ask you not to list it in completion here (and I will be editing comments to do so). 

With that said, WWS and Scott (the primary author) was the most interactive experience I had on the blogosphere during my college years.  Posting under the moniker, Youngblood, after graduation and trepidatious searching through Eastern Europe for my wife, I documented my own journey and provided insights from my perspective which I am sorry to be lost to the internet.

Nothing lasts forever, but here I would like to memorialize what Scott did for me, and for "MAN"kind in general.  He was, perhaps, a small player in the great affairs of our time who most may not know or remember.  For my part, however, the burden of Truth and the appreciation of Beauty that his work instilled in me helped to mold my life and guide me through pivotal transitions.  I can't place the blame entirely on him, but much of the happiness and satisfaction in my life is his fault.

It's your fault Scott.

I don't know if this blog will ever get any more readers, but if you knew Scott and his blog at WWS, would you please share something about how he influenced your life?

And on the extremely slim possibility that you are Scott, and you see this, I'm not going to appeal to you to reply, as neither am I going to obligate myself to carry the torch.  If it happens it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment