Wednesday, July 8, 2020

What is it about summer?

I got the urge to write again today.  Nothing in particular has inspired me.  From looking at my last post, it seems to come at about this time of the year (summer).

I suppose that I can report that our marriage is great, we are closer than ever.

This year we decided that since her grandparents are allowed (forced) to stay with us, we will make this a year of "side hustle" exploration in attempts to broaden our interests, skill sets and income.  I thoroughly enjoy having her grandparents live with us and they are most welcome to remain as far as I am concerned.

M wishes to become one of what I refer to as the "glittering rich" via means of youtube popularity and childrens book authorship.  Obviously, this is most unlikely that she will be successful, but she has developed skills in photoshop, photography and English.  She is also being pushed into independence with regards to a 1 credit hour class she wanted to sign up for this summer, for which I starkly refuse to write her essays.

For myself, I am pursuing (very haltingly) financial education and related certifications.  This entails first receiving my Life Insurance sales license (annuities are a possibility) and then using that to qualify myself towards CFEI (certified financial education instructor).  I can then use this to develop my own independent coursework and market it to parents or companies. 

On another front, I've taken up my 3d modeling again, this time harnessing it into a patreon account.  I model a miniature spaceship for 3d printing, and the subscribers are billed for the money.  Expanding on that, I've began copying my models in resin and will soon have a business in selling them.  I have already acquired a sales representative/investor for the project, as well as for the associated ruleset that I've developed for it.

All of these endeavors are pivoting on the starting of our business entity, which we will use to deduct our expenses in order to save money on our taxes.  Since we are currently in the second-to-top bracket, this should amount to significantly less overall government donation/waste.

So, in summary, things are good, still recommending Ukraine for wife material.  Any updates from the rest of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment