Friday, May 20, 2016

Recommended Viewing for Beginners

This post is a compilation of media that I have found useful over my journey.  For me, it really started at with Steve "The Professor" Neese's now-deleted website, but there is still a lot of good material to be had for free.

Happier Abroad (by Winston Wu):
http://www.happierabroad.com/articles.php

Winston seems to have the anti-American slant a lot of ex-pats share.  His forum is kind of reminds me of a watering hole for 90s and millenial bridehunters.  A lot of people don't seem to like him for a number of reasons that may or may not be true, but I've never met/talked to the guy.  The important thing is that site has a lot of good material.

Western Women Suck:
www.westernwomensuck.com

A fairly active community of regulars (including myself) point out the absurdities of the women in western society while dispensing knowledge of the dating process in Eastern European countries.  It's run by Scott.  One of the reasons I started this blog, aside from the more personal theme I have going on, is the shock value of the website title.  It's effective, but the message of support I have for the community is not conveyed if I simply told them the name of the site.

Mark Davis:

Mark's Vimeo Channel:
https://vimeo.com/dreamconnections/videos/sort:date

Mark's Video Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/iDatingSuccess/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=1&view=0

If you let him, he will stick you in a room full of women you don't know just like the "romance tours" of old.  Unlike them, however, he's much more personally invested to the cause.  With HUNDREDS of hours of presentations it's hard to think of anyone who has made a bigger contribution to the world of international dating.

The last I knew, he had a direct public line for people to his cell phone and spends a few hours every morning answering e-mails from guys himself.  As its gotten bigger I don't know how he's kept sane because there are some really weird and disturbed people who look into going overseas as well as the normal guys and I know I couldn't personally put up with the strange that he must go through.

Some of his videos are a little dated, but most of the content is still good, especially where it comes to preparing yourself to going overseas.

If you want to start somewhere, I'd start here:  http://www.dreamconnections.com/friends-and-family-temp


TribeTalk:
 https://hu265.infusionsoft.com/app/orderForms/Inner-Circle-Monthly-Membership

Another product of Mark Davis, it's his take at trying to build a community of men who are actively wanting to participate.  The highlight of this "Inner Circle" is the Tribetalk open forum which will, in theory, only feature people that are not him.  Having helped host it in the past rendition, I can say that this is probably what is going to happen.  Whether it's worth $29 a month is up to you, though.  Hopefully it will keep the knuckleheads away (a problem we had last time) and there will be enough consistent fresh people to provide new shared content.  I might sign up for a month myself just to participate on and off. 

If you were looking for a place to meet people to actively network with, this would be the place I'd start.

Here's a recording of their first revamp (last Monday): https://vimeo.com/166033583  It will be interesting if I can continue to find the recordings for free.

That's all I've got for now.  Does anyone know of more good resources?

No comments:

Post a Comment